b. = born
bap. = baptised
c. = christened
c/m = marriage contract
d. = died
d. vita patris = died in the father's lifetime
dsp = (decessit sine prole) died without issue
m. = married
Hugh Campbell of Hullerhirst, was descended in some way from Campbell of Loudoun but the details of this are uncertain. He was father of :
James Campbell of Gargunnock, was admitted a Writer to the Signet on 3 March 1629 and acquired the lands of Gargunnock in October of 1663. He m. on 28 October 1630, to Magdalen, sister to Adam Cunningham of Boquhan, and was father of :
- Adam Campbell of Gargunnock, (see below).
- Hugh Campbell, bap. on 21 October 1637 and d. before 23 June 1664.
- Robert Campbell, bap. on 26 March 1647 and d. before 23 June 1664.
- James Campbell, bap. on 20 February 1653 and is styled second son to James Campbell of Gargunnock when he was infeft in the fee of a Bond granted in his father’s favour by Sir Thomas Nicolson of Carnock on 23 June 1664.
- George Campbell, bap. at Edinburgh on 11 June 1654 and m. Anna, daughter of Mr. James Ramsay, Bishop of Ross. He was buried in the Greyfriars, Edinburgh, on 2 August 1691.
- Marion Campbell, bap. at Edinburgh, on 1 April 1635.
- Jean Campbell, bap. at Edinburgh, on 21 September 1636.
- Christian Campbell, bap. at Edinburgh, on 30 November 1638.
- Elizabeth Campbell, bap. on 8 October 1648.
Adam Campbell of Gargunnock, bap. at Edinburgh, on 5 November 1633 and succeeded his father. He d. in March of 1704, having m. firstly, on 12 August 1659, to Jean Cunningham by whom he was father of :
- Magdalen Campbell, bap. on 19 February 1661. She and her two sisters, Anna and Jean, were served co-heirs to their father in the lands of Auchinharrie, Stevenstoun, Woodhead and others in Ayshire, on 18 October 1705. She m. William Blair of that Ilk and d. at Edinburgh, on 7 August 1728 having had issue.
- Anna Campbell, bap. on 30 October 1662 and m. Robert Elphinstone of Quarrell, (c/m 24 November 1687).
- Jean Campbell, bap. on 28 December 1666 and d. young.
- Adam Campbell, bap. on 12 March 1672 and d. young.
- John Campbell, bap. on 18 September 1674 and d. young.
- Robert Campbell, bap. on 1 April 1678 and d. young.
- Margaret Campbell, bap. on 4 October 1675 and m. James Campbell of Ardkinglass, (c/m 14 December 1696. He survived her and m. secondly, on 23 August 1731, to Anne, daughter of John Callendar of Craigforth, who was then widow of Lieutenant-Colonel John Blackadder).
- Jean Campbell, bap. on 27 December 1676 and d. young.
- Lillias Campbell, bap. on 25 June 1685 and d. young.
- Euphemia Campbell, bap. on 7 August 1690.
 OPR – Canongate, Edinburgh.
 Deeds. 1692.
 Greyfriars Burial register.
 Masterton of Parkmill’s Diary states that he “dyd sudenly in his own house 18 Febr” 1704.
 OPR – Gargunnock.
 OPR – Edinburgh.
 Lyon Court Funeral Escutcheons.