b. = born
bap. = baptised
c. = christened
c/m = marriage contract
d. = died
d. vita patris = died in the father's lifetime
dsp = (decessit sine prole) died without issue
m. = married
OF BOHALLY & KILLIEMORE
John MacDiarmid, is the first for whom there is credible evidence. He was tenant on the lands of Dunan and was father of :
John MacDiarmid, m. Elizabeth, younger daughter and co-heiress of Charles Stewart of Bohally, (c/m 18 December 1784), and was father of :
- Charles MacDiarmid of Bohally, (see below).
- John MacDiarmid, bap. at Fortingal on 16 December 1761.
- Alexander MacDiarmid, bap. at Fortingal on 24 July 1789.
- Grisel MacDiarmid, bap. at Fortingal on 16 February 1780, and m. Donald Stewart of Glencripesdale, by whom she had issue.
Charles MacDiarmid of Bohally and Killiemore, bap. at Fortingal on 31 October 1784, succeeded his mother in her lands of Bohally and was served heir general to her on 15 January 1844. He also acquired the lands of Killiemore, Kilfinichan and others on the Isle of Mull, in 1852. He m. on 4 October 1808, to Jean, daughter of John Stewart of Foss, d. on 25 January 1854 and was father of:
- John MacDiarmid, bap. on 26 July 1810, and dsp.
- Dr. Charles Alexander MacDiarmid, b. on 29 March 1812 and qualified a as an M.D., which he practised in Killin. He was served heir to his father in the lands of Killiemore, Kilfinichan and otherson 20 March 1854 and m. firstly, to Clementina, only daughter of Rev. Alexander Irvine, (she d. during the voyage to Adelaide, Australia, in late 1839), by whom he had no issue. He m. secondly, at Duneaves House, on 23 October 1846, to Clementina, daughter of Alexander Stewart of Glencripesdale, and dsp at Rockwood, on 8 April 1890, being succeeded by his brother, Donald Alexander MacDiarmid.
- David Stewart MacDiarmid, b. on 31 May 1814.
- Robert Archibald MacDiarmid, b. on 19 October 1816.
- Donald Alexander MacDiarmid of Killiemore and Rockwood, bap. at Dull on 27 June 1820, and succeeded to the lands of Killiemore and Kilfinichan as well as those of Rockwood, Killin, which had been acquired by his brother, Charles. He m. at Killin on 22 October 1891, to Margaret Hope, youngest daughter of Donald MacLellan, Watersay, and d. at Rockwood, on 29 April 1897. He was father of :
5a} Charles Robert Archibald MacDiarmid, b. in 1893 and m. at Upton on Severn, in 1941, to Marguirite Hayward. He d. at Chapel En Le Frith, Derbyshire, in 1966.
5a} Norman J. MacDiarmid, b. in 1894.
 Date of death narrated during the service of his son Charles as his heir on 20 March following.
 Services of Heirs.
 Perthshire Courier. 1st October 1840, edition.
 OPR. See also Morning Post 31 October 1846, edition.
 Statutory record. See aso SC44/44/35.
 Statutory record. See also SC44/44/42.