Sir John Kennedy of Blairquhan, was fourth son of Sir Gilbert Kennedy of Dunure and was included in the remainder of a charter to his father for the lands of Cassills dated 2 November 1404. He is named with his son and heir, John, in Instruments of 2 July 1444 by which they became bound to serve Gilbert Kennedy of Dunure for ten years and had d. by December 1455. He was father of,
Sir John Kennedy of Blairquhan, is styled son and apparent heir to Sir John Kennedy of Blairquhan in those instruments of 2 July 1444 narrated above. He had succeeded his father by 6 December 1455 when he acquired the lands of Keyris and Carnoch, in the Earldom of Carrick, from Robert Schanks for which he had confirmation under the Great Seal on 6 December 1455 and had been knighted by 17 April 1466 when he was a charter witness. He d. by 12 June 1471 and was father of,
John Kennedy of Blairquhan, is styled son and heir to John Kennedy of Blairquhan on 20 May 1465 and had succeeded his father by 12 June 1471 when he acquired the lands of of Skeich from Neil McCord. He is named second in the remainder of a charter in favour of Gilbert, Lord Kennedy, on 17 May 1473 and acquired the lands of Myreton, in the sheriffdom of Wigton, from Sir Robert Colville of Bernwele for which he had charter under the Great Seal on 21 March 1474. On 1 March 1490 he granted the lands of Dalvyne to his son, John, and d. in 1500/01. He was father of,
- Sir John Kennedy of Blairquhan, (see below).
- George Kennedy, to whom his father granted the lands of Dalvyne by charter of 1 March 1490.
- Thomas Kennedy of Carslo, who m. Mariote Kessak of Little Dunrod who granted a conjunct charter to them and the heirs between them of her lands of Little Dunrod on 12 January 1485. They had issue.
- Beatrice Kennedy, m. Alexander Kennedy and was infeft with him in the one merk land of Lagangell, in the parish of Girvan, on 3 November 1487, on a precept in their favour by her father dated 6 August 1477.
- Margaret Kennedy, m. John, 2nd Lord Cathcart, (he survived her and m. secondly, to Margaret, daughter of Sir William Douglas of Drumlanrig).
Sir John Kennedy of Blairquhan, is styled son and apparent heir to John Kennedy of Blairquhan when witness to a charter by Mariote Kennedy of Brughjarg granting her lands of Brughjerg to her son, Thomas Wallace, dated 7 July 1489. He had Sasine for Blairquhan, Ruddalston, Drummore, Carnochquhane, and others, in 1501, and gave a donation of £8, 19 shillings to Sir John Redpath, Chaplain, for the celebration of a mass in the chapel of St. Ninian, by charter dated 15 June 1508. He m. Margaret, daughter of George Campbell of Cessnock, who, as his wife, was infeft in the 2 merk land of Cloywarranach and Trounan, in the Earldom of Carrick, on 27 June 1500 and d. after 28 September 1514 and before 2 November 1515. He was father of,
- Sir Gavin Kennedy of Blairquhan, (see below).
- James Kennedy, was included in the remainder of his brother, Sir Gavin’s, charter for the lands of Twyname on 1 March 1504/05 and witnessed a Precept by David, Earl of Cassills, for infefting Quentin Muir of Aird in the lands of Nether Kilmore on 7 January 1510.
- John Kennedy, had a charter from his brother, Gavin Kennedy of Blairquhan, for the 11 merk lands of Skeith, Milton, Littlehills and Keramanach with the mill, on 26 September 1505. He had a precept from his father for infeftment in the lands of Leffinfairn and Clonconner on 28 September 1514.
Sir Gavin Kennedy of Blairquhan, had a charter under the Great Seal for the lands of Twyname, with the castle etc., on 1 March 1504/05 in which he is styled son of Sir John Kennedy of Blairquhan. His relationship with his parents appears to have been a difficult one and immediately following his father’s death, his mother, Margaret Campbell by instruments of 2 November 1515, revoked all deeds executed by her and her late husband as during his last illness they had been “in the power of the said Gavin, having been taken and held in captivity by him.” He m. firstly, to Janet Stewart with whom he had a conjunct charter for the lands and barony of Frethhird on 27 February 1505-06, and secondly, to Ellen, daughter of Archibald Campbell, 2nd Earl of Argyll, who survived him and m. again, to Thomas Kennedy of Coiff, son of David, 3rd Earl of Cassills, by contract of 10 July 1522. He d. in 1521/22 and was father of,
James Kennedy of Blairquhan, succeeded his father and had a Precept from the Chancery for infeftment in the lands of Blairquhan and others, on 18 July 1522. He had a charter under the Great Seal for the lands of Lochland, in the balliary of Carrick, and was included in the remainder of three charters in favour of Gilbert, Lord Kennedy, all dated 6 February 1540/41. He is styled son of Sir Gavin Kennedy of Blairquhan in a Consignation by Gilbert, Earl of Cassills, dated 19 May 1553, relating to his right of redemption of certain lands, and d. before 24 May 1558. He m. Agnes, apparently daughter of Sir John Murray of Cockpool, (she was widow of Ninian MacCulloch of Cairdoness by whom she had issue), and was father of,
- Gilbert Kennedy, fiar of Blairquhan, (see below).
- Katherine Kennedy, m. William, 3rd Lord Herries of Terregles, (he d. on 23 September 1543), and had issue.
Gilbert Kennedy, fiar of Blairquhan, m. in 1537, to Margaret, daughter of John Cunningham of Caprington, (she survived him and m. secondly, to Robert, 6th Lord Crichton of Sanquhar, by whom she had no issue. She d. in July 1603), with whom he had a conjunct charter under the Great Seal for the lands of Culcreach, Clonrassy and others on 10 January 1541/42. He d. vita patris before 13 February 1550/51 and was father of,
John Kennedy of Blairquhan, in whose favour his grandfather, James Kennedy of Blairquhan, resigned his lands of Twynane, Myreton, Blairquhan and others, which were confirmed under the Great Seal to him on 13 February 1550/51, with remainder to himself and the heirs male of his body, which failing, to William Kennedy of Tornganach, James Kennedy of Larg, John Kennedy in Lentow or James Kennedy in Grenan and the heirs male of their bodies, respectively. He had succeeded his grandfather in his estate by 24 May 1558 and had a novodamus for his lands of Tynane, Blairquhan and others on 27 March 1575 with remainder to himself and the heirs male of his body, which failing, to Margaret Kennedy, his eldest daughter. He m. Margaret, daughter of William Keith, Earl Marischal, (c/m at Stirling, on 28 August 1569), and d. in May of 1605 having had issue,
- John Kennedy of Blairquhan, (see below).
- James Kennedy, is styled second son to John Kennedy of Blairquhan in a charter by his father and Andrew Stewart, Lord Ochiltree, dated 27 May 1596.
- Margaret Kennedy, was a substitute heir to her father in his estate on 27 March 1575. She m. Andrew Stewart, 3rd Lord Ochiltree, and as his future wife, they had a conjunct charter for the lands of Ochiltree on 8 August 1587. They had issue.
John Kennedy of Blairquhan, succeeded his father in 1605 and m. Margaret, daughter of Sir Hugh Campbell, 1st Lord Loudoun. He disponed his lands of Blairquhan in favour of Josias Stewart of Bonieton who had a confirmation for them on 23 January 1618, and was father of,
- John Kennedy, younger of Blairquhan, is named in his grandfather, John Kennedy of Blairquhan’s Testament in 1606 and m.Mary, daughter of Andrew Stewart, 3rd Lord Ochiltree, (c/m 7 June 1615), with whom he had a resignation from his father and grandmother, Margaret Keith, for the lands of Remiston, Blairquhan and numerous others, on 7 June 1615, which was confirmed under the Great Seal on 16 December 1617.
- Jelian Kennedy, m. James Campbell, 2nd of Ardeonaig, (c/m 15 November 1622. He survived her and m. secondly, in 1635, to Elizabeth, daughter of Alexander Fleming of Moness), and had issue.
 Ex. Rolls. Vol. XI. p. 466.
 Ex. Rolls. Vol. 15. p. 601.
 C2/27/171, C2/28/33 & C2/28/34.
 Edinburgh Tests.
 CC8/8/42/PP. 205-209.